Intranets are difficult to get right
Businesses can find it challenging to create a successful intranet that is simple to use, cost effective to implement and quick to configure to a business’s requirements.
- There are many challenges in starting from scratch.
- Expensive from both a time and money perspective.
- It is risky that it may not work as it is unproven.
- Hard to keep current and relevant.
- Difficult to configure.
- SharePoint is a platform, not a solution.
Sproket makes intranets easy!
- Sproket comes loaded with functionality that can be easily tailored to your business needs.
- Sproket is easy to install, responsive and intuitive, allowing you to roll out your intranet in a short period of time at a fraction of the cost of a custom solution.
- Sproket is easy to configure and requires no technical expertise.
- Built on the Microsoft SharePoint platform, Sproket is a ready-made intranet solution for Microsoft SharePoint 2013, 2016 and Office 365. As Microsoft continues to release new features you can rest assure that Sproket will leverage these new capabilities.
- With a growing feature set you can ensure your intranet stays modern and ahead of your competitors. With Sproket, organisations can implement a feature-rich, mobile-ready, custom-branded intranet in a matter of days. Sproket leverages our experience in developing hundreds of SharePoint intranets.
- Sproket is backed by our Australian based support team that ensures your intranet stays running optimally. It gives you access to all the latest features we release. Find out more about our updates.
Company Intranet Examples
Intranets are a bit of mystery for many people. More attention is focused on the Internet, which is to be expected because of course the Internet is very big and contains so much more than intranets.
It's kind of like comparing a book to an entire library of books. The library contains so much more information than just the one book can contain, but the book itself is more useful to you because if you want to access any of the information in the library, you can really only give your whole attention to one book at a time. Read More
The library contains lots of information about lots of things. The book contains lots of information about whatever the book is about.
Intranets contain information that is specific to the organization that they're being used within. Unlike the company website, the company intranet is not normally open to the public. It's separate from the general population of Internet sites.
Obviously, then, we can't show you any actual company intranet examples, because all intranets are private. What we can do is tell you about successful implementations of intranets that have provided positive results for the organizations that implemented them.
The best tool for rapidly creating powerful intranet sites is Sproket, an Australian made product that integrates some of the best features of Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365, allowing for sites that support rich media content, document collaboration, and all the features you'd expect from a modern intranet. Here are some of the places Sproket has been used in intranet development:
- Caterpillar Energy Power Systems. One of the biggest success stories utilizing the Sproket intranet system. Using this system allows the team to manage data and share information in the most efficient way
- ASQA. The Australian Skills Quality Authority, a federal government organization, also makes use of Sproket to maintain an intranet of information resources for staff to draw from and collaborate together.
- Quadracon. The big name in Australian construction, so it's no wonder they could also construct a great intranet using Sproket.
- FMC Mediation & Counselling. For this organization, quite obviously security and confidentiality are very important factors. Having a secure intranet means more assurance that data is not accidentally leaking out.
- Australian Paper. This company is responsible for nearly all of Australia's paper exports. Having a well designed Sproket intranet system helps make it easier to securely communicate important information and share important documents between all the different departments of the company in various parts of Australia and Japan.
So, why is Sproket so important?
Building an intranet system is perfectly possible without Sproket, but it's more work and more complexity, and may result in less functionality. Why not choose a system that's completely ready to launch? The alternative is considerable extra time spent on design, development, and testing.
Sproket gives you a fully branded turn-key intranet solution that you can get up and running with instantly, and have a fully functional intranet system in days rather than months. It's easy, quick, and has the advantage of using a familiar Microsoft inspired interface already familiar to most people with a business background in Australia. To find out more, you can contact Sproket today on 1300 777 653.
Sproket provides cloud based intranet, out of the box. Our team provides custom solutions to suit your business needs. Check out our examples or contact us on 1300 777 653